A job can be an ASSET to educational perseverance, except when too many hours per week are devoted to it. A growing body of evidence shows that students balancing studies and work, who are respecting a certain balance, will achieve greater educational success.
A few of the advantages associated with proper balancing of school and work:
- Enhanced sense of self-worth and positive impact on school performance
- Development of self-sufficiency and sense of responsibility
- Socialization in a new milieu
- Acquisition of knowledge
- Development of employability
- Accomplishment of personal projects.